Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Kindle Craze!!! Verdict - A Tale of two Cases

How do they measure up?




The Verdict: Javoedge takes the cake!


I completely L-O-V-E my Pink Croc case from Javoedge! I must say that I was very hesitant ordering the flip style since I wanted my Kindle to feel like a book. But, really and truly I like the feel of the flip versus the book style. It feels better in my hand while reading and I love the fact that I can stand it up on its little kickstand to read when my hands are tied.


The Javoedge case, IMO, just looks a heck of a lot better. The quality is amazing! The only downfall is that you can’t get the full effect of the decal skin with this case. Plus, when you do remove the Kindle, your decal skin will have the outline of the case imprinted on it. This doesn’t really matter to me since I will be keeping my Kindle in this case anyway.







I liked this case so much I went ahead and bought a matching case for my iphone =). Now the iphone case is another review in itself – love it, but the stitching is unraveling already and I’ve only had it for almost two weeks! Keep in mind that I’m not having the same problem with my Kindle case. But, anywho…


What I don’t like about the M-Edge…for all that money it looks and feels like blah! There’s nothing spectacular about it. This may be due to the color. The picture on the web from my end makes the Pebbled Cream look almost like a winter white/off-white/kinda bone color, which is what I wanted. But in person it’s just khaki to me. Couple khaki and gray together plus the stiffness of the spine when you get it (I like to fold my cover back to get the feel of a “book”), you get what I call “not my cup of tea”.


I will say that maybe, just maybe I may have had really high expectations for the M-Edge since this is the case the majority of Kindle owners talk about. So when it came in (1) in a different color than I was expecting (2) it took so darn long to come in so of course I was itching to see it and be blown away (3) when I would fold the case back to hold it in one hand it just didn’t feel right – all adds up to why I was a lil’ disappointed.


Now as far as the book style in regards to the Prodigy M-Edge case is concerned, I’ve read that others say you have to break it in to get to your own comfort level with this style, which may be true. I just wasn’t feelin’ it. I’m not totally knockin’ this case. I will say I wasn’t expecting the Javoedge case to be any better than the M-Edge, but I was wrong. Javoedge clearly doesn’t get enough hype it deserves and “trust the plus” I am not being paid to say this. Overall though, both are great cases when it comes to serving the purpose of protecting your Kindle. In that aspect, I would recommend both.


Lastly, the e-Iluminator2 is a nice light. It’s not SUPER bright, but it works for me. It feels cheap (plastic) and a few times the light itself has popped out of the swivel connector that allows you to twist in to store in the case, but it was easy to pop back in.


I hope this review was helpful. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review and pics! Thanks for the comparison/verdict between these two cases. Can you give any more info about how you use the e-luminator with the Javoedge case? Where do you attach it, and does it seem secure, or does it move around a lot? (Since the Javoedge case doesn't have the "pocket" to hold the light.)

    Also, how would you compare bulk and weight between the JavoEdge and the M-Edge? I have an M-Edge Platform, which is the "flip style" version from M-Edge, and I love it. It was stiff at first, but now it's loosening up nicely (as leather typically does) after about a week of use. I also got the jade green color, which I think really "pops." So, I'm wondering if I should think about trying the Javoedge as well, or whether I should stick with M-Edge since I'm not experiencing the two main "drawbacks" that you noted. My main reason for possibly wanting to try another case is if I could reduce the weight a bit. Any thoughts on that?

    Thanks again for a nice comparison -- and great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn!!! Thanks for posting! I tell you what, since my son is sleeping (Thank Goodness lol) I will go ahead and check this out for you. I didn't think to add comments about the weight difference. This also played a factor in my comps.

    I'll also post pics on how the e-Iluminator2 works with the Javoedge case in detail. I am all about details. I hate buying things without getting the full picture to say if its worth it or not, so I will help ya out girl!

    Hopefully, I will have it posted later tonight. TTYL!

    ReplyDelete